market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Water blasting bug eggs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Water blasting bug eggs
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 10:49:29 -0700

The bug blaster is a silly garden gimmick. Gardeners are suckers for silly garden gimmicks. Need proof?... When we apply pesticides on the farm with a boom sprayer the spray comes out and hits the plants at up to 300 psi. an air blast sprayer puts out over 400 psi. the bug blaster probably sprays water at not much more than 50 psi. So if water pressure alone killed bugs our agricultural sprayers would only need to spray water. Spraying water alone only gets the bugs wet and on a hot day they probably would like a little hose down... Bob.