market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Water blasting bug eggs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lova Andriamanjay <lova.andriamanjay AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Water blasting bug eggs
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:40:06 -0400

I do realize that farm sprayer use quite a lot of pressure when spraying but it is an overhead spray. Bugs on the other hand lay their eggs on the underside of leaves to protect their eggs. My thought was that with this device we could spray from the bottom up and damage those hidden eggs. You might well be right on that topic anyway since it seems that nobody uses water spray for this purpose. Anyway, I would be interested in hearing about any non-chemical ways of dealing with potato beetles.

Lova Andriamanjay
Jardin chez Julie et Lova
Coteau-du-Lac, Quebec
www.jardinchezjulieetlova.com