market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Water blasting bug eggs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Water blasting bug eggs
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:16:55 -0400

I have used 19 and 30 weight row covers on potatoes with such great success that after 3 or 4 seasons of using them we no longer had potato beetles at that farm for the remaining ten years we were there. On this farm the CPB only hit the eggplant (which we row cover until bloom so they only get at large, mature plants and don't do a great deal of damage and since we only grow a couple hundred eggplant hand picking works for us.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH