market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Transplanting Leeks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bill Scheffler <pureprairie AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Transplanting Leeks
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:36:20 -0500

Where do you get your leeks?

Bill
(Chicago area)

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 6:38 AM, Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com> wrote:
I searched this site and I didn't find any information.  I need some help to transplant leeks.  I am on crutches for the next 4 weeks and I have lots of helpers to get crops in the ground, but I am trying to make it easier for them.  Has someone make a dimpler to transplant leeks with?  I was wondering if I could attach some dowels or pipes that are the proper length to a 3-4 foot 2 by 4.  Then they could just push it down in the ground and pull it out and move down the row. The next helper could then put the leek in the hole.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More