market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] straw mulcher

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Zachary Mathes <zwmathes AT gmail.com>
  • To: idyllwildfarm AT gmail.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] straw mulcher
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:38:38 -0500

I worked on a farm that used a mulcher/chopper called the Bale King I think.  It took round bales and did a remarkable job of putting the mulch down.  Two people could keep up with the mulching (on garlic)  to smooth out big clumps and cover bare spots.  For this farm the cost of the rental for on acre of garlic mulching was significantly cheaper than the hand labor it would require.

Zac