market-farming - [Market-farming] ideas for daily to do list

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liz Pike <liz AT marketfarmshoptalk.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] ideas for daily to do list
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 15:23:17 -0500

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a downloadable template to create a handy to-do list for your daily work.  I'm starting with a format that I've always used and last year ended up printing copies for other neighbor farmers who loved what I was using.  I thought I'd make it for you to download too.  I know what info I used on a daily basis, but I want input from you on what you use/need.

On my list I included info that I'd later input into the computer via spreadsheet or other documents (so I didn't have to rely on
my faulty memory for what I'd done or information I wanted to log).  On this form there were reminders to log daily weather and temps, what needed to be seeded, hardened off, transplanted, fertilized, ordered, repaired, maintained, trashed, and other myriad details a grower has to contend with on a daily basis.  Including topics I wanted to research later when I got computer time.  This is an extremely simple, easy tool to use that I found invaluable for keeping myself on-task and thought some of you might enjoy it.

What sorts of info would you find handy on a list like this?  I'll make a beta form available in the next day or 2 so you can see what it is and can offer more suggestions after you've used it for awhile for the final version.  Thanks!

Liz Pike
Market Farm Shop Talk
farm fresh news, grower to grower

Hillsville, VA