market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] selling soil block seedlings

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sisters of the Soil <2soilsisters AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] selling soil block seedlings
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:15:31 -0700

That's exactly what I had in mind, Rivka.  Thanks for the link.

Doreen

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net> wrote:

On Feb 26, 2010, at 12:10 AM, Sisters of the Soil wrote:

> We sold them last year, too.  Difficult for customers to remember
> the identities per us not wanting to damage the blocks, sturdy
> though they were, with stick tags.  An idea that occurred to me at
> the end of the sales season is to jot down variety names on the self-
> adhesive paper napkin rings restaurants use and slip those around
> the stems of the purchased items.  Not sure where one would find
> those but asking at a restaurant should make that easy enough to
> determine.

Is this what you're after?

http://pricing-guns-labels.hubert.com/napkin-bands.html

Also, I think most cities (even fairly small ones) have a restaurant
supply store that also sells to walk in retail customers. (Hubert's,
last I looked, does take small orders but has a minimum order charge.
They might well have something else you want, however.)