market-farming - [Market-farming] Re-inventing another wheel!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re-inventing another wheel!
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:02:37 -0500

Prior to plastics and prior to the wooden boxes we spent the winter sawing and nailing plants were grown on large benches in the greenhouse filled with field soil; customers visited, selected varieties and number of plants which were dug, the root ball wrapped in newspaper and placed in a box.

Soil block culture would not be all that much different, but it seems that todays commercial picture
tags would be a valuable addition by giving the customer all season identification.

MAsteveINE