market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seed Catalogs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seed Catalogs
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:09:31 GMT

I'm glad I don't live in Iowa! I hate the cold, and the snow, and the muddy
mess after the snow melts. We got 4 inches of snow yesterday, but it melted
by late afternoon.
I know what you mean about being behind. We were still picking tomatoes and
peppers at Thanksgiving, and then it got cold and has stayed cold.
We finally thawed enough last Friday to pull tomato cages and drip tape.
Now, we need to start plowing and tilling, but of course it is too wet.
Last year we planted broccoli on Feb. 15th. I can't imagine planting anything
that early this year. At least we have sunshine today. Haven't seen that in
weeks!
Carla
Perkins, OK and a cozy 19 this morning.

Small Business Tools
Click here for to find products that will help grow your small business.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=wFSab52WUahaiI4NuJ3iIQAAJz1IpEJmPFxVJyqaeAXGqH-MAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMQAAAAA=