market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] What's eating my seedlings?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy" <mlynnn AT wildblue.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] What's eating my seedlings?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:28:55 -0700

The noisemakers do seem to help, I use several and bombard them from different sides. I still do traps too and sometimes sticky traps.   The noise won’t travel through things, only bounces off, so might not help if they’re already hiding in the walls.

The package says it doesn’t bother cats or dogs. You can hear it as a buzz.

I have a dog that kills cats, so I can’t go that route.  He’s supposed to keep the coyotes away from the chickens, though he tends to stay at our house and howl. Our GP are good mousers too, but they’re not allowed in the greenhouse.

Marcy