market-farming - [Market-farming] packaging

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Michael Franzese <centerpoint2020 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] packaging
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:13:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
I plant on a very small scale, maybe 1/2 acre,  I have given most of what I don't keep to friends and family.  I would like to try selling at the local  farmers market but can't seem to find a good source for packaging.  I grow a variaty of vegetables, i.e. lettuce, carrots, beans, peas, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, etc. as wel as several verieties of cooking herbs.

Most places I've checked out for packaging sell in larger quanities than I would need.  May egg cartons were easy to find but I would sure like some help with this other packaging.

I'm located just north of Sacramento, CA but of course I can order from anywhere.

Thanks

Mike