market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] displaced farmers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] displaced farmers
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:20:53 -0500

Robert said:

This doesn't help but I don't understand how a contract can be voided
unless you
weren't paying. In the future you need to read contracts very carefully.

Hi,

In my experience, I had improved the value of my property quite a bit. I
was not leasing but had a mortgage and had been paying for 25 years. The
mortgage company - Countrywide - decided they wanted to take it away
from me and sell it again. You may have noticed they were busted for
their practices.

I fought with them for more than two years. My lawyers told me that we
had a case. It would be tied up in court for years after which we would
be unable to recover the property. It would cost us more than the market
value of the property. The guy with the most money wins. You may not
like to hear stuff like that and I hope you never have it happen to you.
But *NEVER* just assume that somebody who lost it all didn't do their
part.

Bill