market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] displaced farmers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sisters of the Soil <2soilsisters AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] displaced farmers
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 14:23:24 -0700

Robert,

You are correct re the admonishment to read contracts carefully.  That was done and failure to have done so is not the issue.  As I said, it's a complicated story (and detailing it here would not be helpful).  The bottom line, in terms of practical realties, is that there is no "pocket," in this weird hybrid situation, to sue for performance on the contract, though it would certainly be actionable.  Ergo, I want to find another place where I can go forward with many positive plans for the 2010 season.

Doreen- actually, in Southwestern Idaho (how's that for a typing error?!!!)