market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] seed companies

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] seed companies
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:13:25 -0400

I use the same seed companies that are starring on most folks' lists (esp. Johnny's, Territorial, Pinetree, Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, High Mowing, & Fedco),  but also use Evergreen Seeds  www.evergreenseeds.com  for their amazing collection of Asian varieties.  Germination usually good, service OK, but they don't distinguish between treated and untreated varieties, nor will they tell you, nor can you order just untreated.   I also sometimes use Nichols, Tomato Growers,  Totally Tomatoes, Gourmet Seeds International, and Baker Creek when they have varieties I crave.

Best wishes to all,

Karen

Roots Farm
Organic Produce