market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] questions about plugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] questions about plugs
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:14:03 -0400

Harris Seed is a middleman for at least one organic plug dealer in CA but watch out: they stiffed us on our entire heirloom tomato order this season.

I almost always pot up 'serious plants' into 2.5 inch pots and put them out as serious transplants. But we've never had the luck with small plugs that you have had. Stuff never does well in 50's for us, it seems. How do you make soil for a 50 or feed the 50's? Thanks -Allan in WV