market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] broccoli leaves

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
  • To: farmersue AT myfairpoint.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] broccoli leaves
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:46:55 -0400

We sell bags of 12-16 oz of broccoli leaves... seems a good amount for a small family.  They really are delicious!  Cauliflower leaves, kohlrabi leaves also good, but broccoli best.  Once people try any of these though, they are happy to buy again.

We sell at about $2.50-$3 for those amounts, but that's EC not U.S. currency and Dominica doesn't have a cheap food gov't. policy, nor do we have big farms mass producing to drive prices down.

Best wishes,

Karen

Roots Farm Organic Produce
Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs