market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] spinach from transplant??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] spinach from transplant??
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 07:54:18 -0500

I have a lot of trouble with spinach seed germination. For example i have one plug flat of 200 where two plants came up. If i sow in the beds about a fourth of the row comes up. I'd be interested in the secret for growing spinach. Maybe the seed was no good? Don't know. Where does the best seed come from? I'm trying some seed i've saved today.

Marty Kraft