market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] asparagus Fall harvest

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] asparagus Fall harvest
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:45:36 GMT

Thanks, Breck. I found that paper early this spring when I first started
thinking of fall asparagus. That is why we are going to put in a patch that
will be exclusively for fall harvest. We don't want to weaken our spring
harvest, and we've got the land available to put in more.
Dr. Jim Motes is one of the vendors at our farmer's market, and he did a lot
of work with asparagus before he retired. He recommended UC-157 for fall. He
knows a lot more about all of this than I do, so we are going by his
recommendations.
It does make me wonder what else can a person grow out of it's typical
season, and get higher prices for? It will be fun to experiment and find out!
Carla
Perkins, OK

Life Insurance Quotes
30 Seconds can save a lifetime. Get it done. Its never been easier.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=6AvRK7qKhr8GSlU0XlBs-gAAJz1IpEJmPFxVJyqaeAXGqH-MAAQAAAAFAAAAAIhqzT8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEcEAAAAAA==