market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] asparagus Fall harvest

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] asparagus Fall harvest
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 23:04:39 GMT

We are doing fall asparagus this year. We have about a half acre for spring
and we didn't pick the last 5 rows, just to see how a fall crop would do.
Yields are some what less than the spring crop.
We like it enough though, that we are going to put in another half acre next
spring just for fall production. There are a few university studies out there
( not many though) on fall production. We are getting 2 dollars more per
pound for the fall crop so we think it is worth it. Variety selection really
makes a difference, at least here where fall temps. aren't much different
from summer. We are growing UC-157. For our new spring planting we will
either plant UC-157 or Grande.

Carla
Perkins, OK where we just got 3 inches of rain in about 30 minutes. Nice and
muddy.

Wanna lose weight? Weight Loss Programs that work. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsEGrDnsdsiTRVZFUMLhi0VO5dnqU2m6puyCv4ZPHcqyMnt1P1DL80/