market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farm names

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "beverly henkel" <bchenkel AT conpoint.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farm names
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:04:18 -0500

We choose Tucker Hill Farm after the Tucker Family who homesteaded on this land and the hill that runs along side it is the mail route and it is blown shut many winters thus named Tucker Hill by the mail man years ago. Seemed a natural for us even though we are not named Tucker.  Maybe there is a history component of your land?
 Bev. Henkel
Tucker Hill Farm
 Norfolk, NE