market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] irrigation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] irrigation
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:14:03 -0500

Drip tape with 12" emitters is really nice for some applications, especially widely spaced plants such as tomatoes, squash, etc., but for others, you can get drip tape with emitters at every 4 inches. We really like this for things we grow in rows and need very even moisture, such as our mesclun.  In a 42" bed, we use 4 runs of drip (and 8 rows of mesclun) and get very even moisture across the bed.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm