market-farming - [Market-farming] squash bugs and cucumber beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] squash bugs and cucumber beetles
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 13:18:59 -0400

It's probably a little late for this year, but how do you all control squash
bugs and cucumber beetles organically? I use row cover, which comes off once
flowering begins. In years past, I've done all right with only that. This
year, I've lost most of my zucchini and yellow squash to wilt, and am fearful
for my pumpkins and winter squashes, which I've just uncovered. Tips for this
year or next?

thanks, Richard

--
Richard Robinson