market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tomatoes bitten and left/deer/coyote.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tomatoes bitten and left/deer/coyote.
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:13:05 -0500

Greetings,
The coyotes also don't bother us, having our own has been a real blessing. Thanks for the tip on bloodmeal, in the future, it will be helpful.
Bright Blessi

Road's End Farm wrote:

Bloodmeal works as a repellent, but it works best when the deer have enough to eat elsewhere. In fact, I strongly suspect that anything at all designed to keep out deer, including possibly twelve foot slanted fences (which we don't have here), works best when the deer have enough to eat elsewhere.