market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farm Stand Honor System

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farm Stand Honor System
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 06:22:53 -0400

Last year our strawberry stand honor box was robbed by a business lady driving a mercedes. When I told neighbors this happened, the response was always the same "What did you expect with gas the price it is? Do you think anyone would pass by a chance to take a fist full of cash?"

Well, a lot of people did, of course, but just that one experience (she got a lot of money), set us way back in optimism.

-Allan in increasingly suburban WV