market-farming - [Market-farming] Spinach-day length

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz" <liz AT horseshoegardens.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Spinach-day length
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 06:46:52 -0400

Hey Allan,

I forgot to respond to your question about day length on the spinach...we're
planting the same spinach we did in the spring and still harvesting baby
spinach. Our first plantings have bolted (still tasted great) but
succession plantings are coming along great, we'll harvest from those today.
We're still having night temps in the 60s, sometimes day temps too, and of
course, courtesy of Mother Nature, natural irrigation that doesn't have a
cut off valve. The spinach at least is loving this weather. The tomatos
however are suffering!

Liz Pike
Horseshoe Gardens