market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] CSA Broccoli Question and Fall Planting Questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] CSA Broccoli Question and Fall Planting Questions
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 05:47:02 -0400

Define "very small", most of my main heads were 1 to 1.25 pounds. I know they weren't as big as the ones you see in the store, but I am selling them for $3 a pound. I put a bunch of small side shoots in $1 bags and I sell out of them every market I go to. People really like them.

the definition of 'very small' in the case I'm talking about are 'button' heads. About the size of a quarter but which will readily mature into yellow flowers -Allan in WV