market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] CSA Broccoli Question and Fall Planting Questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] CSA Broccoli Question and Fall Planting Questions
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:37:41 -0400

Early planters _

I thought when a brocolli plant was exposed to sub-freezing temperatures that the heads would be very small. I didn't just hear that, that's pretty much my experience. How are you folks getting away from that? Or, are you? did someone say that you pick the first bud early? (Or did I imagine that??)

Oh, and I'm still hoping to hear a 'whole plant' recipe!

Broccoli IS so very good!

Allan in WV