market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pricing: broccoli & cabbage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pricing: broccoli & cabbage
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:58:53 -0400

Last year, I charged $5/lb for broccoli. I know that sounds very expensive,
but it doesn't weight much, and is a lot of work, and I usually sold all of
it.
I don't know what to charge for cabbage, I had a very hard time selling it
last year, and finally sold it for $2/head. It still didn't sell well.

SUE
Vermont