market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] CSA Work Shares

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: bcluton AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] CSA Work Shares
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:10:43 -0400

We also offered a similar arrangement and had similar results.  Two years and no one finished the season.  Most didn't last two weeks.  We've opted to hire help this season instead and it is working FAAAAAARRRRRR better.  Anyhow it can and does work for some.  We simply  divided our share price by minimum wage and came up with the hours.  If you don't offer CSA you could perhaps offer credit on a per hour basis - I can't imagine doing it for less than minimum wage.