market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market Shelter

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market Shelter
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 14:54:12 -0400

On May 14, 2009, at 11:26 AM, jay sleichter wrote:

I purchased a cheaper 10 by 10 pop-up shelter several years ago.  It has served me very well.  I don't set it up every week, just when I need to probably once every other week. It is easy to set up and waterproof.  The problems I have is that the legs are weak and it doesn't take wind real well and screws keep working lose. I have seen many EZ-Up shelters and they seem to be the "Top of the Line".   I am wanting to upgrade to one this year.  My question is what model?  There are Eclipse, Express, Sierra, Enterprise and etc.  What model is the best for it's money.  I don't want to spend lots of money, but I want a quality shelter.

It's been some years since I last did that hunt, but here's what I remember:

Some of the differences are in size and/or shape; probably not all models are available in all sizes, so you need to decide that first.

Get a commercial model, not a consumer model. Otherwise you may get the same problems you've got with the one you have now. (Though on any model you should check once in a while in case fasteners are coming loose; but on a good one it doesn't happen often.)

What I have is a Speed Shelter; works fine for me. I got that model because I wanted the 8' x 12' size, which is unusual, but which fits one of my market spaces better than the more common sizes. -- I have no idea what models and/or sizes are available right now. I last investigated this in 2004.