market-farming - [Market-farming] Harlequin Bug Control?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Harlequin Bug Control?
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 11:00:35 -0400

Our last two seasons of garden cabbage have been total failures due to Harlequin bug damage.  They were bad on summer kale also.

We now have access to hundreds of cabbage transplants (Tendersweet and Alcosa), but are reluctant to set them out for market if we cannot control Harlequin bugs.

Any ideas on control?
We have considered row cover.
Also are transitioning to certified organic.

Thanks,
Richard Moyer
Moyer Family Farm
Castlewood, SW VA