market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] clamshell strawberry boxes, was Trellis netting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] clamshell strawberry boxes, was Trellis netting
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:14:46 -0500

Greetings,
At the market I sell at in Houston, that is common. We display our produce in black plastic baskets, but we then bad it for the customer and keep the basket. The exception for us is our cherry tomatoes. We use the bottom couple of inches from very small paper bags to display the tomatoes, then just hand the bag to the customer.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

Tammy Jones wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with using clamshells for display, but transferring to recyclable bags or containers for sale? I remember as a child, the farmer always kept the wooden berry baskets.

Tam