market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Arugula

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz" <liz AT horseshoegardens.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Arugula
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:34:05 -0400

Allan,

I'm having the same problem, both in the greenhouse and outside...I'm
thinking our cloudy weather is part of the problem...we can't get a week
without more clouds than sun. I've noticed in the greenhouse it shoots up on
sunny days and lays dormant during cloudy periods. Outside it's just
sitting there. I planted Astro II outside and Sylvetta inside (intended for
winter salads but it never grew!!). Sylvetta is known to be a slow grower
but this is ridiculous. Even the arugula in the mesclun I planted was the
slowest to germinate/grow than the rest of the mix. Weird. I've never had
problems with it before.

Liz Pike
Horseshoe Gardens
Hillsville VA