market-farming - [Market-farming] Arugula

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Arugula
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:01:50 -0400

Friends -

I hate to admit it, but I just have never gotten the hang of growing arugula.

I grow in the Mid-Atlantic, outside of DC

I have maybe 6 varieties of arugula planted in 3 beds in different areas of the garden and so far this season, none of them have grown much. (we are getting highs in the 70's and lows in the low 30's)

Chickweed and dead nettle are growing great, favas are maybe 5inches up and peas are nearly that high.

Soil temps are 50 or better. I think my beds are in good fertility with plenty of N.

Am I just being impatient?

Thanks

-Allan in WV