market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] high-residue / zone tillage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] high-residue / zone tillage
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:10:04 -0400

Phil,

What do the ‘mower sections’ accomplish [cutting through the trash?] and where are they welded? We use the RainFlow wheel with removable spikes but not through trash,….. yet. Sweet!!

Dave

 We use a water wheel transplanter and plant through the mess.  I had to weld mower sections on the wheel and also weighted it down with weights off the rear wheels from a lawn mower that had died

Dave Inglis

Mahaiwe Harvest C.S.A.

Berkshire County

Massachusetts