market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] high-residue / zone tillage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] high-residue / zone tillage
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:00:01 EDT

the spikes on our transplanter are not removable.  Yes cut through the trash, when I used the regular spikes all it did was push the trash down in the plant hole,thus I had no dirt, and I didn't feel like the plant was going to get enough coverage to take root.  Not using the plastic and using newspaper and hay mulch did not have to be watered like the other area's of our garden.  I don't have a large source of water, we have three families and over 100 head of livestock on our 300' deep well,and on dry years we do run out of water.

Phil

Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or less.