market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic & Walking Onions & snow

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kate Halstead" <rockyprairie AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic & Walking Onions & snow
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:34:19 -0800

We got our single digit temps....and then got 2 1/2 feet of snow mulch followed by 5 to 12 inches of rain (depending on which valley you were in) and the worse floods the area has ever seen.

So much for the mild weather of Western Washington. Extremes R Us. Now we've been socked in with freezing fog for over a week and no end in sight. Burn ban on so the wood stove is out, which means crank the electric and pile on the layers. Whatever happened to 45 and rain (our old 'normal')? I promise I'll never whine about it again, if it ever shows up.

Still feeling lucky when I see/hear what some of the rest of you have to put up with on a very regular basis.

Kate, Zone 7 (or is it 4?) and getting very stir-crazy