market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic & Walking Onions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic & Walking Onions
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:11:41 -0600

Thank you Sean. The bulbs have been stored in an unheated part of the
basement and they're cold to the touch. I'm gonna plant them and see what
happens. I plan to put down cattle panels to keep the chickens from digging
them up. I found some daffodil bulbs also. I wonder what else I've
forgotten. Getting old ain't for sissies; that's for sure!

Marie in Missouri

If they were stored cool/cold they should work great. If not, they might
not have been vernalizded fully and won't likely have correct bulb
formation.

sean
stillwater, MN