market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] bottom line

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Robin Follette" <lists AT seasonseatingsfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] bottom line
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:53:56 -0500

They're sold by the bunch and loose.  If they're going to the local store they're in half pound and one pound bunches. The store keeps .25 cents per bunch.  When customers come here they're loose and in whatever amount they want. We aren't officially open in April so customers have to come to the door.  If I don't have them ready we go to the greenhouses to get them. We follow organic methods but aren't certified.  $5 at the start, $4 when everyone else has them.  I start harvesting over wintered greens in April and continue into November or December.

Robin
Seasons Eatings Farm
Talmadge, ME  04492