market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Edamame

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mac" <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Edamame
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:06:53 -0400

I'm new to these beans this year. How do you know when they are ready to pick?
We have been trying a few pods every few days. Is there a visual clue that is
dependable?

Regards - mac

Quoting JOHN A HENDRICKSON <jhendric AT wisc.edu>:

No, the ol' board with a notch in it would ruin peas and beans. Edamame pods are kinda tough.
As my post said, I use the "stationary pod stripper" OUT of the sun, not in the sun!

-John