market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sunflower varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sunflower varieties
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:22:28 -0700

Richard I grow Sunrich Orange and Sunrich Lemon yellow. They are my best
sellers. I get a buck a piece. Procuts are nice too. I can not give away the
bicolors. I plant them 20" apart and they stand up well without support. They
get 3.5-4ft tall. I cut them with a 30" stalk. This year I have some
transplanted 12" apart and they look good, hope to begin picking this
weekend, roughly 6 weeks from transplanting... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.