market-farming - [Market-farming] sunflower varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] sunflower varieties
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:53:41 -0400

I notice on Kim's web page (http://www.barkingcatfarm.com) what look like
short, single-head sunflowers growing up through net supports. Kim, can you
tell me what variety those are, and how long the stems are? Is the netting to
keep them from falling over? I sell some sunflowers and gladioluses, and
would like to get more serious about choosing winning varieties. Stem length
seems to be a major difference among them--my initial successes have come
with very tall plants, with multiple 24-30" floral stems. Any other varietal
suggestions out there?

--
Richard Robinson
http://www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/