market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mowing Sudex (Alternate title: be careful what you wish for)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mowing Sudex (Alternate title: be careful what you wish for)
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:33:27 -0700

I let sudex grow 7 ft tall then mow it with my bush hog and it grows back another two feet into September but not as fast as it does in mid summer
Sudex frost kills early in the fall and is easy to disc up a month later for seeding another covercrop. Here in NJ, I can seed covercrops up till November. The key to a great Sudex crop is plenty of rainfall... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.