market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Raspberry varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Raspberry varieties
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:48:47 -0400

I have my summer bearing varieties trellised and prune all second year canes out as I have time in late summer and early fall.  In late winter/early spring I prune again to get proper spacing between plants, prune off winter damage and  if the canes  are really  long I tip them back.  On my black raspberries and blackberries I tip every cane in the spring to encourage branching.

Andy

Are you pruning the Laurens? I haven't been (this is really their first big year), but am thinking I will next year, as they get long and unruly.

thanks, Richard

 --
 Richard Robinson
 http://www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/