market-farming - [Market-farming] Deer Fencing experiences

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Doerunfarmtn AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing experiences
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 17:46:25 EDT

We are going to purchase deer fencing (plastic mesh type).  Does anyone have suggestions as to the height necessary to do the best job of prevention?  I think there are both 7 and 9 foot heights.  We have used electric fencing, but they still jump over the fence or crawl through it to decimate our crops at some point every year. Thank you for all opinions.  John, Doe Run Farm, TN.