market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Keeping Agribon in Place

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Home Grown Kansas! <hgkansas AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Keeping Agribon in Place
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:14:24 -0700 (PDT)

I prefer Reemay at this time.  We use a heaver weight Remay, 15' wide x 200' in length, that has served us well for years - in the stiff winds in Kansas.  Tried some cheaper row covers, but they were not very durable.  Have not tried Agribon.

Elzie
Wichita, KS

Shawnee Flowerfarmer <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> Do folks on this list have any preferences between agribon and reemay?
> I'm getting ready to purchase some and this thread made me wonder what
> thoughts more experienced farmers had.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> ~~Danielle
> Touch the Earth Farm

          I have used both brands and the only difference over time has been in relation to the weight of the product...not the brand.  Heavier weights last more seasons although with care, the lightest, cheapest row cover can be used over and over.  I am now using an extremely hefty row cover for cold protection which is very effective but only semi-permeable to water.  It looks to be nearly immortal if I can encourage other staff to respect it.  (Other staff = men with machines.)

Grower's Supply at www.GrowersSupply.com has many different types and sizes.

Shawnee, zone 5 and spring slow in coming this year, or maybe it's a normal spring and I've forgotten what that's like.  I don't know; I get so confused about what's normal anymore.