market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The Hatfield transplanter

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The Hatfield transplanter
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:30:04 -0400

John, I used a Hatfield last year, it worked pretty well and I will use it
again this year. If you are using soil blocks be sure you have a substantial
root system and they have been well watered. Occasionally they will hang up
in the chute, so I carry a dowel rod to give a nudge.

I am corresponding with Holland pertaining to the capabilities of their
transplanters handling soil blocks. Here is an excerpt from his email.

"As for the 1 1/2 blocks they should be OK but I would use the P59P metal
extension to help hold the plug

Thanks for the email
Holland Transplanter Co"

I have searched the web for info on this item to no avail. I am waiting on a
reply from Holland to send me more info. Sure wished we could fine some one
that has some practical experience attempting this.
Breck