market-farming - [Market-farming] onion trimming

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jason Jones" <JJones AT thehomestead.org>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] onion trimming
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:09:06 -0500

Maybe this has been asked, I hope not. Can transplant onions that are
still in flats, but have been grown to 8-10 inches be trimmed back, or
do they need to be constantly trimmed to a particular height as once
they reach that height? Johnny's suggests a height of 5 inches is ok,
although I do not want to damage them since they look good now. The
reason I am looking to trim is to prevent further damage to the leaves
during their hardening off process (in and out of the greenhouse).

Jason Jones
Farm Manager
JJones AT TheHomestead.org
(515) 957-3361

The information in this E-Mail message, and any files transmitted with
it, is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only
for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are the intended
recipient, be aware that your use of any confidential or personal
information may be restricted by state and federal privacy laws. If you,
the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or
forward this E-Mail message. If you have received this E-Mail in error,
please notify the sender via E-Mail or by calling the sender at (515)
967-4369. Please delete the material and all copies of it from any
computer. Thank you.