market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The hatfield transplanter

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The hatfield transplanter
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:16:31 -0400

Last year, we bought one from Jonny's that is similar to the one you linked. It worked well. MUCH better than crawling around on my knees.

You do need to get the ground worked up pretty well.. Used it on plastic only.

Previously I punched holes with a long handled bulb planter, then hand placed the plants. Liked the fact that with Johnny's planter, that the plastic holes stayed attached to the main plastic. With the bulb planter there were plastic circles floating everywhere.

Tom
Limerock Orchards and Roadside Market

Speaking of these devices, has anyone used the "Stand and Plant"
designs?

http://standnplant.com/order.htm

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm