market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Toolbar (was: potatoes)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Toolbar (was: potatoes)
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:39:35 -0400

I went ahead an ordered tool bar parts from Market Farm Implement.

Ralph recommended using disks (I already have 16inch disks) to cut potato furrows with.

He sold me gauge wheels to make sure I get the 4" depth I want to work with.

I'm cutting the furrows every 3 ft. The width of my tractor is 6ft (ok, 52 inches) I haven't set up the bar yet, so I'm not certain how this will work, but Ralph assures me I s.b. able to cut 4" furrows every 3 ft across the whole field without the tractor paths interfering.